Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Of Dad's Handstands...

I don't know if it's because he's our dad, so we see him as a superhero or whatever, but my sisters and I remember Dad being RIPPED when we were kids. He had a full blown six pack and really ripped arms. I remember when Dad was especially tired or wanted to cheer one of us up, he would do handstands. I'm not talking the lean against the wall kind. I'm talking the put-your-head-on-the-floor-and-lift-your-body-up-in-the-air-through-core-strength-until-you're-completely-balanced kind. I remember always trying to do them just like him, but never could. My Dad always knew how to make us laugh by dressing up in silly clothes, singing "Yippee Ky Yy Yeah Yup, Get Along Little Dogie" and other silly songs, and giving us piggy back rides to bed singing the same song over and over until he dumped us onto our beds. I love me some happy memories...
Oh, and Whitney reminded me of one more thing: Dad used to climb the wall with his feet and hands in a doorway and then sit up at the top of the hallway and we would laugh so hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment