Friday, May 20, 2011

About the magician and the Christmas morning limo?

We are a really quirky family, if you haven't caught on to that. We sometimes seem like super normal, uninteresting people, but then every now and then, something totally random will happen and I think to myself, "I have to write a book!"
It was my Grandparent's anniversary. I want to say it was their sixtieth or something like that. My dad planned for us to all go eat at Elbow Room in Fig Garden. We were all sitting down at the table in the "party room" when a man showed up. It was all very bizarre and confusing what this man was doing at our party. He began doing random magic tricks and was quite entertaining. I remember asking Dad, "did you hire him?" My dad just shrugged his shoulders and kept listening to the magician. It was soooo random and no one saw it coming. The guy was clever, silly, and witty and got us all involved in the tricks. By the end of the "show" my dad admitted that he had hired a magician for the party. It was again, super random in that no one was expecting it, but oh so entertaining to witness and tell about!
It was days before Christmas and Grandma said that she wasn't certain that she and Pop Pop would make it to Christmas morning based on my grandpa's health. My dad kept reminding them that they MUST be there and that it wouldn't be the same without them. So my dad went above and beyond to make sure they couldn't decline. He hired a limo to pick them up and bring them back to my parent's house. Mind you, my grandparent's and parent's homes are three minutes driving away from each other and ten min or so walking. We are talking CLOSE. All I remember thinking was how weird the driver must have thought we were hiring a limo to go a couple miles on Christmas Day. The lengths we go to for family!

No comments:

Post a Comment